39 Week Appointment

Still just 3 cm, made it up to 90% effaced, -2 station.

Only gained 2 lbs! Whew! Although that officially puts me up 40 lbs total. I gained 42 with Lucy. Better hurry up and pop this baby out before I exceed that!

My blood pressure was a tiny bit high for me - it's still in the normal range for most people, but higher than my usual. When I mentioned I've been having headaches, she sent me to the lab for bloodwork, and said I'd have the results by "this afternoon" - whatever that means. She said if there's any concern at all in the bloodwork, they'll get me in for an induction, but I'm not counting on it.

I begged and pleaded for her to induce me, but she said we have to wait 'til my due date. And of course she didn't have any appointments available on my actual due date (Wednesday), so my next appointment ins't until Thursday. Really hoping I don't make it that far, but I'm starting to think I'm going to. We'll do an ultrasound and NST and discuss my options at that point. She did say that even today I'm very favorable for an induction - my body is progressing and baby is descending. So by next week I should be golden.

So all of you who are concerned about me being induced one measly week before my due date can just relax. And when this baby is overdue, over 9 lbs, and tears my poor little body to shreds, you're the ones who are going to have to listen to me whine and cry. ;-)



Comments