The Saturday 7

Is today Saturday? I've been so confused about my days this week. Haha.

1. We had a splendid New Year's Eve. We were supposed to spend it with our small group, but the hosts ended up in the hospital with their one year old who had RSV and Broncholitis (or something like that - I don't remember the exact spelling)! We went to Niki's party instead and had a blast stuffing our faces and playing some awesome games - well, I did. Justin mostly just watched football. :-)

2. Since then, I feel like my life has been consumed by this pregnancy and wondering if every little twinge means labor. I hit 37 weeks on Wednesday, and despite the fact that I went overdue with Lucy and know with every practical bone in my body that it's very unlikely I'll deliver early, I still think I'm going to. Haha.

3. Last night after my internal, I was feeling pretty uncomfortable, having a few minor contractions, and bleeding. I was sure I'd be up all night with painful contractions. No such luck. I had Braxton Hicks every 2 minutes like clockwork until I laid down in bed. They completely stopped and I slept all night without a twinge. Bummer. Pretty sure this is the only time in my life that I'm wishing for pain!

4. The good news is that little "scare" incited me to finish some of the last minute things I've been putting off - including making a plan for Lucy. Wouldn't you think that'd be something I would've planned a long time ago? Haha. I just wasn't too concerned. We have a million people that will watch her at a moment's notice.

5. We had Christmas with my mom's side of the family on Sunday, where Niki took my new favorite picture. I think this just might be the picture of 2012:
That's my sister, Libby, who thinks my belly is disgusting. Haha.
6. I'll never forget when we were in high school, Justin once announced to the class that he would never have tea parties with his daughters. I was sitting on the opposite side of the room, hopelessly in love with him (though he didn't know it), and said to my friends, "He will when those daughters are mine!" He absolutely had a tea party with Lucy this week, complete with raising his pinkie and everything. If that isn't enough, later this week, he was reading a ballet book to Lucy and ended up demonstrating how to leap and curtsy. Lol. He's going to kill me for writing this, but I want to illustrate what an amazing dad he is. My girls are so lucky to have him. As am I. I'm totally over being pregnant and in pain all the time, but he has been wonderful with stepping up and doing so much of the housework and cooking and childcare. I don't know what I'd do without him! (Probably wallow in filth.)

7. I realized this week that Lucy never goes potty on the toilet. She's not having accidents. She just trained herself to hold it all morning until nap time, then all evening until bed time - the 2 times a day she gets to wear a diaper. So I made her a sticker chart that we're going to start on Monday. It also includes toothbrushing because she refuses to do that, and I'm a wimp and won't enforce it for some reason. Hopefully the sticker chart will be incentive enough! Wish us luck!

Comments

  1. LOVE the picture. Ha!

    Hope your instincts are right and she comes a little early!

    Yay sticker charts! Maybe it'll work its magic on Lucy like it does on me :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment