The Saturday 7

1. Lucy spelled "mom" this week. I told her how to spell it weeks ago, but we seriously haven't talked about it since then. The other day, we were playing with her V-Tech letter game and talking about how M is for Mommy. Out of the blue she said, "M-O-M. Mommy." I teared up. Lol. She can do "Dad" too. And she counted to 13 this week. I didn't know she knew any numbers past 10! Haha.

2. The sticker chart has been working wonders for getting her to go potty and brush her teeth every morning and evening. Although I'm realizing why I didn't enforce tooth brushing. It's really annoying. It takes forever. Those teeth are all going to fall out anyway, right? Haha.

3. This is a Lucy heavy update, but she's just been so cute lately! A couple weeks ago she started pointing out all my freckles, calling them "owies." I explained that they're freckles and she'll probably have some someday. One day this week I noticed she has one on her side. I pointed it out to her and she was so excited. Lol. She randomly lifts her shirt all the time and says, "Wanna see my freckle?"

4. After a long, difficult day yesterday I decided to treat myself to a pedicure. I get pedicures very rarely, but every time I do I always think, "Man, I'm so going to blog about this." Lol. It was actually a very nice experience. The girl didn't try to talk to me too much, which I appreciate, because I'm horrible with accents and can never understand what they're saying! I just sat and read my magazines in peace while she whittled away at my feet. She seriously went into the back room and brought out a special tool to scrape all the dead skin off my feet. Haha. And she kept laughing at me because my legs were twitching so badly while she scrubbed the bottoms of my feet. I can't be the only one who's so ticklish! Toward the end, one of the other techs came over to ask when I was due. I noticed her name tag - her name is what we're naming this baby. I told you it was an ethnic name. ;-) Hahaha - no, really, she said she took an American name because her Vietnamese name is too hard for us English people to pronounce. Anyway, I feel so much better about my feet now, even if it's ridiculous to pay so much to have them look nice (especially in the dead of winter)! I think I'm going to start buying pedicure gift cards for baby showers. Every pregnant woman needs one at the end!
At least my feet aren't swelling yet!
5. So here's the baby update: I have mild, sporadic contractions every evening. I time them every night, but they're anywhere from 6 to 20 minutes apart. I always go to bed hoping they'll keep me up all night, but I've actually been sleeping even better than usual lately. Grrr. Haha. I have very few if any contractions during the day, then they'll start up again around 7:00 p.m. I'm in agonizing pain all day though. Baby is obviously descending. I'm kind of losing my mind. (In case you haven't been able to tell from facebook. I'm so sorry about that. Going to try and be less negative/pregnancy obsessed.)

6. I've been a failure as a wife lately. Justin and I have a good system where he works 40 hours a week and does all the lawn/snow care, and I do most of the housework and cooking. (He chips in a lot with laundry and dishes and always does the vacuuming.) But in the past few weeks, I have completely given up. I did make dinner Monday and Tuesday this week, but on Wednesday I texted him to bring home a pizza, Thursday I texted him to bring home Wendy's, and last night he got home, asked what was for dinner and I snapped, "Why do you people always have to eat?" Haha. He made a frozen pizza. All that's to say, I was feeling guilty one night and decided to make this crockpot oatmeal recipe I saw on pinterest. Here are the directions:


Throw 2 sliced apples, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon in the bottom of the crock pot. Pour 2 cups of oatmeal and 4 cups of water on top. Do NOT stir. Cook overnight for 8 - 9 hours on low. 

It was kind of slimy and needed way more sugar. Haha. 

7. This morning, Lucy got up way too early and climbed into bed with us. (Way too early meaning 7:45 instead of her usual 8:30-9.) Part of me was super annoyed, but the other part thought, "What if this is the last time we do this as a family of 3?" I've really been trying not to think about all the lasts. I'm already an emotional wreck. I can't handle that. Haha. Mostly I'm just excited to start our lives as a family of 4. I've been telling myself over and over that Lucy will have no memory of these last awful couple of months when I was a worthless mother, or what will inevitably be a difficult next couple of months as we all adjust to a newborn and Lucy gets much less attention. Lucy and Baby Sister will be almost exactly the same distance apart as my brother and I am. I don't remember him being born (and I have a crazy memory). I don't remember feeling replaced or neglected. Haha. Lucy won't either. She will love having a baby sister now and will (hopefully) forever appreciate having a sister to grow up with. At least that's what I keep telling myself. Haha.

Comments

  1. Hang in there!! Almost done :) You're allowed to be out of sorts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment