21 Weeks

Putting my hand there is deceivingly slimming. Must remember that . . .
Baby is the size of a pomegranate this week.

How Far Along? 21 weeks
Total Weight Gain: Well according to my doctor's scale last Monday, I was up 4 more pounds (+7 total), but I was fully dressed and wearing my tall, clunky boots. According to my scale, I'm only up 2 pounds (+5 total). I'm going with the latter.
Maternity Clothes? Jeans, yes. I was looking back at pictures of my pregnancy with Lena, and I was definitely wearing maternity shirts by this point. But when I try to wear them now, they're just baggy and saggy looking. Not sure if that means I'm smaller this time or my maternity shirts are just stretched out from wearing them to 40 weeks with Lena.
Sleep: Terrible night sweats. Some trouble falling asleep. Mostly, though, it's glorious and I love it.
Best Moment This Week: Finding out gender! Being reassured he's perfectly healthy!
Movement: Getting stronger and stronger. Sometimes I get a kick strong enough to startle me. And it's getting much more consistent. Love it!
Food Cravings: Chocolate - specifically baked goods. I polished off half a chocolate cake this week.
Food Aversions: Nothing. Give me all the food.
Gender: It's a boy!!!! It still feels weird to refer to the baby as "him." 
Name: Oy vey. I read 3 baby name books this week and read through the top 1000 boy names from 2014 on the social security website. Still only have 3 contenders that I don't totally love. Hopefully one of them will grow on me . . .
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks. Not as many as I was having with Lena at this point, but I think I'm lazier now than I was with her (I was still working almost full time). 
What I Miss: Being pain-free. Not feeling guilty about my caffeine consumption.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Choosing a name, buying little boy stuff, the girls being able to feel him move. 
Milestones: According to my babycenter.com email, he has eyebrows now. I fully expect him to come out looking like this: 
Stolen from the Internet, but that's actually kind of what my babies look like. Haha.

And just for fun, a comparison pic:
Is it just the way I'm holding my stomach, or am I smaller this time?!? Please, Lord, let me be smaller. Please let this baby be under 9 lbs!

Comments

  1. You totally look smaller this time :)

    Good luck picking a name!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment