The Saturday 7

1. I don't remember much about this week. You can't wait to read on now, can you? ;-) I do remember that on Tuesday, Justin and I went out to eat with some friends for my birthday. Haha. Only a month late. We all have too many kids and responsibilities these days. It's hard to find a time that works for everyone. But I'm so glad we did. It was so great to sit and catch up and talk about everything under the sun. I love you, friends.

2. We did horribly with eating at home this week. I went grocery shopping, I made a meal plan. I don't know what happened. (I do know what happened. We love restaurant food. I'm a terrible cook. A+B=C.) Anyway, I did get around to making one new meal from Pinterest. It was actually very good! And easy! My fave.

Melt in Your Mouth Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 c. mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1.5 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp garlic powder

Mix mayo, cheese, and seasonings. Spread over chicken in a baking dish. Bake at 375* for 45 minutes. (recipe source)

You're welcome.

3. Do you know what week it is?! It's collection week for Operation Christmas Child! I know it's controversial all of a sudden (what isn't these days?), but this is a tradition I love doing with my girls. I'm a sucker and start to feel guilty about how much we spend on restaurants and how much I'm planning on spending on my kids for Christmas, and then think about all these kids in third world countries who have nothing. So I let my girls go a little crazy at the dollar store and pack our boxes to the brim! Feeling guilty like me? Don't worry! It's not too late! You can drop your shoebox off by Monday at select locations. I'm a procrastinator and will be taking mine in Monday morning. I like to live on the edge.

4. Remember how last week I wrote about my anger problems? They haven't gotten better. I am so irritated with all the fighting on faceook. All the articles about Syria, the blasting people on both sides, the politics, the opinions and debates. Blech. I need to just stay off of facebook, but I can't stand feeling like I'm missing out. Anyway, I've been following a new blogger. She's written plenty about Syria this week, but then she wrote this. Such a breath of fresh, funny air. This is my favorite line:
Have you ever taken a sick chicken to the vet?  With four crying children?  Children literally screaming, “My chicken! Please save my chicken? Jesus! Spare our chicken, take me instead!” 
Lol. You have to go read the article after that.

5. For my big 30th birthday this year, my parents got me a certificate for a night at a local hotel along with free babysitting. (Not that I ever actually pay them for babysitting. Haha.) Justin and I cashed it in on Friday night. The thing I was most looking forward to was sleeping. I love sleep. We made a stop at Qdoba for queso covered goodness, then vegged at the hotel watching HGTV and ESPN. I read a whole book. (Hidden Agenda by Lisa Harris) And then I slept for nine hours. It was glorious. Of course, I was sore from sleeping in a bed that wasn't my own, but I don't even care.

6. We did a little bit of shopping at the mall this afternoon. It was a test run for Black Friday shopping, and it left me a little worried. I was probably on my feet for an hour before collapsing into a chair at the food court with Braxton Hicks and intense sciatic pain. Not a good omen for things to come. Ow ow ow.

Then we saw Mockingjay: Part Two. It was too long and too scary for me. I actually had my eyes covered at one point. But overall, I liked it. And we saw a preview for a new Amy Poehler/Tina Fey movie that I'm going to have to watch. I love them.

7. I was very happy to come home to my girls - even after just one night away from them. Nothing like a little absence to make the heart grow fonder!



Comments

  1. I'm with you on #4. I want to stay away, because it (anything, lots of things, etc) makes me mad too. But then I miss out. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading this blog earlier this week (because I recently picked up this lady's book) and I thought you might get a laugh out of this post because it sounds like a story you might post: http://thepenningtonpoint.com/2015/10/dont-ever-scoot-your-chair-during-prayer/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief, trying to tell you thanks for the clicks! Not blog savy! Bless you! Jami Amerine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment