24 Weeks


Baby is the size of a cantaloupe this week!

How Far Along? 24 weeks
Total Weight Gain: Still steadily gaining a pound a week. Up 8 total. Which is right about where I was at this point with Lena, and I gained 40 lbs with her, so it's still coming for me. ;-)
Maternity Clothes? Yep. My regular shirts are working hard to get over my belly these days.
Sleep: Night sweats are still out of control. Most of the night I'm freezing cold, but drenched in sweat. 
Best Moment This Week: The movement - it's not painful or constant yet. Just fun. 
Movement: He's really getting strong and moving all over the place. I'm pretty sure he's going to be an acrobat for all the flipping and somersaulting he does.
Food Cravings: Pop, sour candy, chocolate, milk
Food Aversions: Nothing. 
Gender: It's a boy!!!!  
Name: Still waffling between those same two and waiting for something better to fall into my lap.
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks. I noticed them while I was lying completely still in bed last night. And they're definitely becoming more regular with any physical activity. 
What I Miss: Sleeping on my stomach. I can still kind of do it if I tuck my belly under me just right, but I can't stand it for any length of time.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Him moving up. I feel like he's kicking me in the groin half the time. I know that soon I'll be complaining about him being up in my ribs, but I'm looking forward to that happy medium where he hangs out by my belly button for a while. Also really looking forward to picking a name. It's driving me crazy that he doesn't have one yet.
Milestones: Today is viability day! Basically, if he were born today, he'd have a chance of surviving. 

Sometimes it still seems a little surreal that I'm really pregnant. I don't know why. My belly is getting huge, my belly button is sticking out like a turkey timer, I feel movement like crazy, and have been stocking up on all kinds of clothes and blankets and pacifiers. I feel like I've been pregnant forever and yet can't wrap my mind around the fact that there's a living, human child inside of me. Haha. 

Comparison Pic from 24 weeks with Lena. 
I love that Lucy's being a dork in both pictures. I think my belly looks about the same size-wise.

Comments