18. Make Your Obsessions Known

Time for a trivial one!

I started drinking Dr Pepper in 6th grade. The year was 1996 and I discovered newfound freedom in the ability to make purchases from "the senior stand" as I entered Junior High. A can of pop cost 60 cents and I counted out my dimes every morning to buy the tasty treat my parents never let me have. And thus an obsession was born. I've spent 20 years drinking that delectable nectar and have been very vocal about my addiction. Haha.

I'm not even sure how it became so well known about me. I guess if you've ever been to a restaurant with me, I only order Dr Pepper (and get a little upset if it's not on the menu).

If you knew me in high school, you know I had one every day for lunch. If you knew me in college, you knew I kept my dorm room stocked with the stuff. If you've ever been at a party with me where we had to bring a beverage to share, you know I brought DP. And I guess if you don't know me in person, you'd see references to it on facebook and in my blog and across my Pinterest boards.

Life Motto
(Not My Baby)
Dr Pepper Chicken
Dr Pepper Meatballs 
Dr Pepper Craftiness! 
Having made my obsession so clear to so many people has paid off pretty well for me. I can't tell you how many people have given me Dr Pepper jellybeans, licorice, and chapstick.

I'm constantly sent recipes for Dr Pepper pork chops or Dr Pepper cupcakes. When this article popped up on facebook, half of my friends' list shared it with me. I love it!

It's also nice because people make sure to have it on hand for me when they know I'm coming over. Haha. I really don't expect people to, but it's a nice perk!!


To see more from my Write 31 Days Series, click the image below:


Comments

  1. I distinctly remember going through a phase freshman year of college (and for a while after) of buying 12-can boxes of diet Dr. Pepper for my dorm room. I don't remember exactly, but I think you must be to blame for that :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment