31. Always Be Humble and Kind

My thanks to Tim McGraw for the phrasing of my final entry. :-)
Image Source

I saved my favorite for last. If there's one thing I want my kids to learn (aside from the saving grace of Jesus), it's to be kind. My parents modeled this in a powerful way, and I grew up thinking it was normal. As I got older, I was astonished to see the way people treat each other and talk to each other.

Image Source

As Christians, being kind is an easy way to share the love of Christ. Instead of being snippy and rude with a slow waitress, just be kind. Instead of sighing loudly and scowling as the person in front of you at Meijer takes forever with their order, smile and be patient. Instead of returning evil for evil, be the better person.
Image Source

But don't reserve your kindness for strangers. Shower it on those closest to you as well. Talk nicely to your kids and husband. Treat your parents with respect. Be friends with your siblings. Use sarcasm sparingly - and never in a mean-spirited way.

Image Source

One of the first verses I taught my girls is Ephesians 4:32.


Believe it or not Tim McGraw wasn't the first to call for humility and kindness . . .

Ephesians 4:2

Romans says that God's kindness leads us to repentance. Respond to that repentance with kindness of your own!

And now I'd like to thank all of you for your kindness toward me in reading and responding to my posts throughout the past 31 days. I've loved all the feedback and encouragement. It was a great experience! (But I'm glad to be done! Haha.)

To see more from my Write 31 Days series, click the image below:

Comments

  1. Well done with this series! Good for you for sticking with it and offering up unique and interesting topics each day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment