24. Learn How to Cook [And Avoid My Mistakes]

I am a terrible cook. I don't know why. I can read and follow a recipe. But I apparently don't have much common sense. Haha. Here are some lessons I've learned the hard way . . .

1. Wax paper and parchment paper are not the same thing. I still don't know the difference, but one of them will start on fire if you put it in the oven . . .

2. Stainless steel bowls are metal. You can't put them in the microwave.

3. You have to put a lid on the pan when you make rice. When the instructions say, "cover," that's not just a suggestion.

4. The lid to your glass 9x13 pan is made of plastic. It will melt if you leave it on the pan while cooking in the oven.

5. Spaghetti sauce stains white plastic bowls . . . forever.

6. You can't cut shapes out of Jell-o unless you follow the directions for "jigglers."

7. Never let your ponytail get too close to a KitchenAid mixer in motion . . .

To see more from my Write 31 Days series, click the image below:

Comments